- University’s Coronavirus website: https://coronavirus.upenn.edu/.
- FAQ for taking classes remotely.
- The Penn Libraries are closed but providing Virtual Support.
- Deposit & Defense: The SAS Grad Division has outlined procedures for defending and depositing dissertations this semester.
- Communication & Writing Coaching continues to be available for Wharton PhD students. For Communication Coaching & Support contact Antionnette Mcdermott (email@example.com). For Writing Coaching & Support contact Lynn Selhat (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Student services: CAPS and SHS are still seeing students in person at 3535 Market Street. Check the CAPS website and SHS website for their hours.
- Safety: Penn Public Safety and the University District Ambassador Program are available to provide Walking Escorts from 10:00am until 3:00am between 30th & 50th and Spring Garden Street to Woodland Avenue. Students can call 215-898-WALK(9255) to Request a Walking Escort. Penn’s on-demand Evening Shuttles, Penn Accessible Transit, and other medical transit services will continue to operate as normal. Shuttles provide free transportation from campus stops to anywhere in the service boundaries between 20th & 50th and Spring Garden Street to Woodland Avenue.
- Students experiencing racial harassment: Public Safety’s Special Services division, SIS, CAPS, Grad Student Center, and Pan-Asian American Community House are resources for students on campus. In addition there are resources from the City of Philadelphia and the Philadelphia Chinatown Development Corporation (provides text in Chinese). In February, ISSS made a video showing support for Chinese students.
- Students with children: Visit www.familycenter.upenn.edu/virtual for more information and to access virtual resources for families.
Funding & Resources
- Information on food banks, etc: The Graduate Student Center’s Spring 2020 Resources & Support website includes information on local resources such as food banks, assistance for renters, etc.
If a student is sick and/or suspects coronavirus ...
Please call Student Health (215-746-3535) for a medical consultation. The student will be advised how to proceed as a part of that consultation.